USP Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate
Provincial Administration Office
Staff Accountant – Exempt
Summary of Position
The Staff Accountant is primarily responsible for day to day operations in the Finance Department to include payroll processing and oversight. Will also be integral in preparing and/or reviewing Audit Financial Statements, Monthly Financial Statements and Annual budgets. The Staff Accountant also will serve as back-up for all other finance positions.
Reports to the USP Controller
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Payroll Experience Prepare Monthly reconciliation and analyzed monthly variances –
- Prepare and review the journal entries Analysis Monthly for inter-company entries ¬
- Serve as a back up to Accounts Payable
- Serve as a back up to Accounts Receivable
- Serve as a back up to posting journal entries
- Monthly Financial Statement Analysis
- Assist in creating and reviewing financial statements
- Assist in creating and reviewing budgets
- Assist in creating and reviewing audited financial statements
- Reviewing purchase orders with receiving tickets
- Issue purchase order to vendors
- Serve as a resource to the Controller for additional duties as they come up
- Performs other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This person must be detailed oriented, strong accuracy skills, work independently and possess decision making skills, ability to interact well within multiple departments, due to financial deadlines must be able to maintain composure under stress, understand the importance of confidentiality, know when to refer more complex problems to appropriate persons, ability to multi-task, returning to other duties while remaining focused on the job at hand.
Education and Experience
4-year degree plan majoring in Accounting, CPA, CMA or CIA is a plus. 5-years of progressive experience in the following areas; Payroll-, General Ledger, Analysis of trail balance, Special projects, Journal entries, Bank reconciliations, Account reconciliations, month-end close, financial statements and annual audits. ADP and/or Kronos payroll experience required.
While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee must be able to use normal office equipment and communicate with others.
The work environment characteristics are those commonly associated with any general office position. Exposure to confidential information and cash is a regular occurrence.
Interested candidates should send resume and salary requirements to:
Dalevonne Davis Address:
Human Resources Department
391 Michigan Avenue, NE
Washington, DC 200107-1516
Or email: HR@omiusa.org