Oblate Missionary Society, Inc.
9480 N. DeMazenod Drive, Belleville IL 62223
(618) 398-7640 ext. 3254 Fax (618) 398-5744
Seeking Seasonal Worker
Oblate Missionary Society, Inc., a division of Oblate Service Corporation is seeking experienced, pleasant, energetic and outgoing applicants to work as a Seasonal Donor Service Specialist. This position is responsible for handling donations given to the organization and processing donor requests. The position will also include telephone contact with our donors. We are looking for an individual who enjoys talking on the telephone providing care and a pleasant experience to each donor they come into contact with. This position will be “seasonal” or “as needed” based on quantity of work the department receives. This position is perfect for an individual who is looking to work a 6 to 8 hours shift, or availability may be only particular days of the week, etc. Individual must have flexibility to be on a call bases to come into work, example, if needed every effort will be made to schedule the day before or by 9:00 a.m. in the morning, etc.
The Oblate Missionary Society, Inc. is a nonprofit mission development and fund-raising office, located in Belleville, Illinois and San Antonio, TX.
POSITION: Seasonal Donor Service Specialist
POSITION STATUS: Seasonal, not eligible for employer benefits
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provides customer service for our donors by phone and mail.
- Places telephone orders over the phone by receiving payment information.
- Unload, sort and scan incoming mail.
- Process mail pieces containing check/cash/charge contents by properly coding the return pieces in a database to ensure benefactors are acknowledged for their donation.
- Make changes or entries to existing database.
- Responds to basic correspondence by using a library of standard paragraphs and/or composing letters.
- Generates mailing labels used for filling premium gift orders.
- Answering donor’s questions and providing customer service for benefactors needs.
- Assist in data processing as necessary.
WORK HOURS: Normal business hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. M-F, Seasonal position is as needed, and flexibility to be called in the morning to ask to come into work unless prior arrangements for availability has been made
EDUCATION: High school education with good knowledge of Catholic faith. Prior experience in customer service helpful. Must have accurate typing speed of 45 wpm and good grammar and letter writing skills. Some specialized training in computers and good understanding of hardware and software is required. This person must be a patient listener, maintain composure under stress, work independently and be able to multi-task. This position requires some time on the telephone so applicants must possess exceptional communication skills with pleasant telephone voice.
Interested candidates should send resume and salary requirements to:
Diann Donjon, PHR Address:
Human Resources Department
9480 N. DeMazenod Drive
Belleville, IL 62223
Or email HResources@oblatesusa.org